Aluna George - Attracting Flies
Relationship between the lyrics and the visuals:
- The artist in the video lip syncs to the lyrics which makes the video look more authentic and makes the audience feel she has a passion for what she is doing which develops her star image.
Relationship between the music and the visuals:
- The video uses the technique of cutting on the beat, which makes it synchronous and the sound anchors the visuals.
- The lyrics in the video are not acted in the video which creates narrative freedom for the producer to produce an amplified music video which has some link to the lyrics, in this case lip syncing, but lets the producer be creative.
- There are many close-ups of the artist which helps develop character exposition and develops her star image as she is not afraid of the camera.
- She breaks the fourth wall and connects with the audience as well as introducing a voyeuristic and fetishistic theme, as she touches and caresses her self and her feminine features and this opens the door for the male gaze.